This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

No compilation unit matching "path_to/linux_kernel/net/8021q/vlan.c" was found

Hi,

We installed a new ARM Development studio. And use it to debug the linux kernel. I followed "About debugging a Linux kernel" and "Configuring a connection to a Linux kernel" chapters to debug.

I can connect to CPU and stop it, step one instruction each time, but I can not set breakpoint. I got following messages when I set breakpoint

WARNING(CMD452-COR167):
! Breakpoint 11 has been pended
! No compilation unit matching "path_to/linux_kernel/net/8021q/vlan.c" was found

Our target board was based on i.MX8qxp, the debugger is DSTREAM-ST

Parents
  • Hi Lei

Good to hear you are trying out the Linux Kernel Debug support in Arm Development Studio.

The warning is given because the breakpoint is being set before the debug symbols for that code have been loaded.  So the debugger sets a "pending" breakpoint for you, expecting the debug symbols to be loaded later, and helpfully warns you what it is doing.

Have you loaded the debug symbols for the kernel from the vmlinux file?
    If so, are you sure the debug symbols for vlan.c are actually present in the vmlinux file, or are they in a different shared module?
    Does code execution stop correctly at the breakpoint?

You might find this blog useful
    community.arm.com/.../debugging-the-armv8-a-linux-kernel-with-ds-5

This was written for DS-5 (the forerunner of Arm DS), but most of the flow is similar.

Hope this helps to get you (re)started!

Stephen

• Hi Lei

Good to hear you are trying out the Linux Kernel Debug support in Arm Development Studio.

The warning is given because the breakpoint is being set before the debug symbols for that code have been loaded.  So the debugger sets a "pending" breakpoint for you, expecting the debug symbols to be loaded later, and helpfully warns you what it is doing.

Have you loaded the debug symbols for the kernel from the vmlinux file?
    If so, are you sure the debug symbols for vlan.c are actually present in the vmlinux file, or are they in a different shared module?
    Does code execution stop correctly at the breakpoint?

You might find this blog useful
    community.arm.com/.../debugging-the-armv8-a-linux-kernel-with-ds-5

This was written for DS-5 (the forerunner of Arm DS), but most of the flow is similar.

Hope this helps to get you (re)started!

Stephen

Children