This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ARM Development Studio missing pack ...

Hi,

I have a SAMA5D27-SOM1-EK1 development board that I have to start using.

I downloaded and installed the latest version of "ARM Development Studio" and
activated a 30-day demo license. In these 30 days I would like to start working
with this development board and then the SAMA5D27 processor to then build my own
prototype and then buy the software if everything works properly.

I state that I am a beginner with this software and its philosophy.

I should use on this development board :

- Bare Metal
 - FreeRTOS
 - Ethernet with "lwip"
 - USB Host with pendrive support for reading files (FAT32)
 - SPI master
 - Leds

I am currently experiencing problems in choosing some packages:

ARM.FreeRTOS::RTOS.Config.FreeRTOS - Additional software components required
ARM::CMSIS.RTOS.FreeRTOS - Additional software components required
Keil.MDK-Pro::USB.Host - Additional software components required

How to add these packages that don't seem to exist in the main repository ?

Thanks very much.

Parents
  • Hi Stephen,

Our development team are working on fixes for the two failing examples.
    I can send you the necessary changes for the "[SAMA5D2] Blinky_RTX5_AC6" example already if you need them.

Perfect is a great thing, if you can send it to me somehow, I can try to make it work on the card.

However, the error messages you saw with your FreeRTOS project, e.g.:
    are because there is no FreeRTOS pack support available yet for Cortex-A5.

FreeRTOS pack support is available out-of-the-box for Cortex-A9, but not yet for Cortex-A5 or -A7.
    Software for Cortex-A5 is similar to Cortex-A9 (some changes will be needed in the startup code), so you could try porting the working "CMSIS-RTOS2 FreeRTOS Blinky CA9 AC6 (Fixed Virtual Platform)" example to your SAMA5D27 board.

I understand, I didn't check if FreeRTOS has already ported to A5, maybe there isn't much work to do.

Do you need to use FreeRTOS?  As an alternative, the Keil RTX5 RTOS is fully supported in the Packs for A5/A7/A9.

I need an operating system, I would have used FreeRTOs because I know it, I can still try RTX5.

Since the experts are fixing the errors, could they also create examples dedicated to the SAMA5D27-SOM1-EK1 board ?

Thanks very much.

debugasm

• Hi Stephen,

Our development team are working on fixes for the two failing examples.
    I can send you the necessary changes for the "[SAMA5D2] Blinky_RTX5_AC6" example already if you need them.

Perfect is a great thing, if you can send it to me somehow, I can try to make it work on the card.

However, the error messages you saw with your FreeRTOS project, e.g.:
    are because there is no FreeRTOS pack support available yet for Cortex-A5.

FreeRTOS pack support is available out-of-the-box for Cortex-A9, but not yet for Cortex-A5 or -A7.
    Software for Cortex-A5 is similar to Cortex-A9 (some changes will be needed in the startup code), so you could try porting the working "CMSIS-RTOS2 FreeRTOS Blinky CA9 AC6 (Fixed Virtual Platform)" example to your SAMA5D27 board.

I understand, I didn't check if FreeRTOS has already ported to A5, maybe there isn't much work to do.

Do you need to use FreeRTOS?  As an alternative, the Keil RTX5 RTOS is fully supported in the Packs for A5/A7/A9.

I need an operating system, I would have used FreeRTOs because I know it, I can still try RTX5.

Since the experts are fixing the errors, could they also create examples dedicated to the SAMA5D27-SOM1-EK1 board ?

Thanks very much.

debugasm

Children