This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

GCC for ARMv7-A - Where can I get the latest version?

Hello,

I would like to download the GCC compiler for ARMv7-A. I would like it to support thumb and NEON instructions. Where can I get the latest version?

Also, are there any other open source compilers that meet the above requirements?

Thanks

Parents
  • Hi @haris,

You can find a good selection of GNU compilers and the rest of the toolchain as provided by Linaro - Software Downloads at Linaro.

Distributions such as Ubuntu, Fedora and OpenSuSE tend to already include cross-compiler toolchains which are derived from the Linaro releases. The details of which package and how to install it are up to the distribution.

There is another popular compiler toolchain, "clang" ("clang" C Language Family Frontend for LLVM) which is based on the LLVM project. The best way to get hold of this is from your favorite Linux distribution package manager, as above, if you are on Ubuntu or Debian then there is a snapshot of the latest code located here: LLVM Debian/Ubuntu nightly packages

Thanks,

Matt

• Hi @haris,

You can find a good selection of GNU compilers and the rest of the toolchain as provided by Linaro - Software Downloads at Linaro.

Distributions such as Ubuntu, Fedora and OpenSuSE tend to already include cross-compiler toolchains which are derived from the Linaro releases. The details of which package and how to install it are up to the distribution.

There is another popular compiler toolchain, "clang" ("clang" C Language Family Frontend for LLVM) which is based on the LLVM project. The best way to get hold of this is from your favorite Linux distribution package manager, as above, if you are on Ubuntu or Debian then there is a snapshot of the latest code located here: LLVM Debian/Ubuntu nightly packages

Thanks,

Matt

Children