This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

[DS-5]How to load the 32bit elf when address space is 64bit

Hi all,

The OS I used is Android P9 with Trusty O. The Android and Trusty kernel run in ARM64 state, while trusty APP runs in 32bit state. I connect the DS-5 to board and stop at 64bit state, but I failed to load 32bit trust APP ELF file(Secure EL1). Could you please advise here? Many thanks in advanced.

Best Regards,

Frank 

Parents
  • Hi Frank,

Is your issue that you cannot switch to the app, or that the debugger cannot load the image?

If the former, then note that there is not specific function call that would do this, you would enter the application via an exception. this diagram summarizes this:

If the issue is simply that you are unable to load the image with the debugger, I suspect that you simply need to specify the address space (secure EL1 in this case) when loading the image - this is best done on the command line (or by script when connecting):

loadfile trustyapp.elf EL1S:0x0

Regards

Ronan

• Hi Frank,

Is your issue that you cannot switch to the app, or that the debugger cannot load the image?

If the former, then note that there is not specific function call that would do this, you would enter the application via an exception. this diagram summarizes this:

If the issue is simply that you are unable to load the image with the debugger, I suspect that you simply need to specify the address space (secure EL1 in this case) when loading the image - this is best done on the command line (or by script when connecting):

loadfile trustyapp.elf EL1S:0x0

Regards

Ronan

Children