This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Known Issues or Errata reference for legacy compilers (RVCT 3.1)

I've spent most of the day trying to find reference material for known issues or limitations for the specific toolchain being used for a project with little luck. The goal is to produce a compiler errata document as part of our project database.

The toolchain being used is:

µVision3 V3.62c

Tool Version Numbers:
Toolchain:        RealView MDK-ARM  Version: 3.23
Toolchain Path:    BIN31\
C Compiler:        Armcc.Exe       V3.1.0.939
Assembler:         Armasm.Exe      V3.1.0.939
Linker/Locator:    ArmLink.Exe     V3.1.0.939
Librarian:         ArmAr.Exe       V3.1.0.939
Hex Converter:     FromElf.Exe     V3.1.0.939
CPU DLL:           SARM.DLL        V3.23
Dialog DLL:        DARMP.DLL       V1.41
Target DLL:        BIN\UL2ARM.DLL  V1.41
Dialog DLL:        TARMP.DLL       V1.41

So I guess my question is: where can I find a single reference / document which identifies known issues or limitations with the RVCT 3.1 compiler tools? Does ARM (or Keil) maintain reference documents like that?

I have the RVCT 3.1 compiler user guide, reference guide, and error and warning reference, but it does not appear that any of these documents identify any limitations or known issues with the compiler itself.

Appreciate any responses.

Parents
  • Hi,

Defects and errata that were known about at the time of release, are recorded in the release notes. However to compile a complete list of defects that affect RVCT3.1 we would need to consider not just defects discovered in v3 of the Arm Compiler, but also in v4, v5, and even v6. Where the compiler code is common, it's possible that defects recorded against later releases of the compiler could affect RVCT3.1.

Unfortunately, we don't routinely triage newly discovered defects against legacy releases of the toolchain - RVCT is around 10 years old now, and there's limits to what's possible. However, we do have releases of Arm Compiler v5 and v6 that have been qualified for use in safety development, where we do triage defects and record this information for a period of at least 5 years from initial release. I'll drop you a private message so that I can better understand your needs, and see how we might be able to help you.

Thanks,

Paul.

• Hi,

Defects and errata that were known about at the time of release, are recorded in the release notes. However to compile a complete list of defects that affect RVCT3.1 we would need to consider not just defects discovered in v3 of the Arm Compiler, but also in v4, v5, and even v6. Where the compiler code is common, it's possible that defects recorded against later releases of the compiler could affect RVCT3.1.

Unfortunately, we don't routinely triage newly discovered defects against legacy releases of the toolchain - RVCT is around 10 years old now, and there's limits to what's possible. However, we do have releases of Arm Compiler v5 and v6 that have been qualified for use in safety development, where we do triage defects and record this information for a period of at least 5 years from initial release. I'll drop you a private message so that I can better understand your needs, and see how we might be able to help you.

Thanks,

Paul.

Children
No data