This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

DS-5 Community Edition

Hello everyone,

I'm following the following tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNHIAHJ2ceY&list=PLgyFKd2HIZlavHtUdEelr_Zq6RvbbaXQr&index=3 and this one 

https://developer.arm.com/products/software-development-tools/ds-5-development-studio/resources/tutorials/getting-started-with-ds-5-ce-and-armv8-foundation-platform

I'm now on the debugger mode and everything is set up as in the above links. However when I hit the continue button in the debug control tab, I get the following error as shown in the picture below

Since I'm getting this error my Target Console Tab doesn't update my new message set on the printf statement in the C code.

Hope anyone had this issue before and help me how to fix it.

Regards,

Rolando

• Hi Rolando,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you on this.

Having just tried the same, I realised what has happened.

The code in main() has completed and has in fact fallen through into a C library implementation of exit() and then eventually come to a halt at the HLT #0xF000 instruction which has caused control to return to the debugger.

But there is no supplied symbol source file for the exit() function, but from the symbol information contained within the library, DS-5 knows that the source could be found at

/home/tcwg-buildslave/workspace/tcwg-make-release/label/tcwg-x86_64-ex40/target/aarch64-elf/snapshots/newlib.git~linaro_newlib-branch/libgloss/aarch64/

except of course that path location doesn't exist on your machine.

You need to debug from the entry point again to restart your example, on the 'Debug Connection' toolbar it's the little yellow arrow icon, as shown below :

If you click it then your debug session will restart.

I hope this helps and again I must apologise for the delay in getting back to you on this.

Regards,

Stuart Hirons