This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cortex- M1/M0 softcore

Hi all,

My main goal is to rebuild the core and the peripherals of an STM32F0xx into an FPGA. An idea to realize this is to use a softcore and build up the used peripherals by connecting them to the supported BUS system.

As far as I understand is the M1 pretty similar to the M0 (but optimized for FPGA ussage). So the next step from me was to search for a softcore of the M1. Based on the website: Cortex-M1 Processor there are some Evaluation Programs (OpenCorse Plus program from Arrow Electronics and Synopsys ReadyIP program). My questions regarding to the M1 are:

• Are this evaluation programs still running (web search was not successful)?
  • What are the possibilities to get a M1 soft core? (with price)
  • On many pages of ARM, like Cortex-M System Design Kit the M1 core is not mentioned. Why? Is this core still available?

A M0 Softcore would perfectly match, because it is used too in the STM32F0xxx :-) But also there I have some Questions:

• Is it possible to rebuild the STM32F0 (or the most parst of them) by using the DesignStart Design Kit?
  • I would use it in the company to realize a new prototype system, this prototype system is also part of my master thesis. My university is not part of the university program of ARM, so is it possible to use the DesignStart Kit also for my thesis?

Are there other possibilities to realize my task?

Thank you in advance, best regards

Stefan