This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to generate an _asynchronous_ external abort by software ?

Hi,

while I was working with an imx6 board, I got the following behavior: normal world code triggered an external abort (was in the PCIe driver) just before a switch from NS -> S, so the abort actually happened in the Secure world.

My goal is to detect such scenario et correctly ignore the EA in the secure world. I started to test in the monitor if the ISR[A] bit is set or not, to detect a pending Abort from NS, and in this case, I take the abort with a special abort handler (which is a nop, just to clear the ISR).

Sadly, I don't have the board anymore to test this behavior, and my current board doesn't trigger EA.

Is there a way to trigger an _asynchronous_ external abort via software, in a more or less predictable way ?

Best,

Vincent

Parents
  • It's a little involved, but...
    For the address you found generated a Synchronous external abort, mark is as write-able and cacheable+RA/WA+writeback. If you write to the address it'll lead to a dirty cache line. Doing a cache clean of the address will lead to the line being written back, which will then abort.
  • It's a little involved, but...
    For the address you found generated a Synchronous external abort, mark is as write-able and cacheable+RA/WA+writeback. If you write to the address it'll lead to a dirty cache line. Doing a cache clean of the address will lead to the line being written back, which will then abort.
Children