This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is ARMv7-M3 thumb instructions compatible to ARMv7-A thumb?

Hello guys,

I am trying to verify some features of ARMv7-M3 in a software simulator platform for ARM. But this simulator only support ARMv7-A ISA.

Is ARMv7-M3 instructions compatible to ARMv7-A, especially thumb instructions?

Thank you very much.

Parents
  • The Cortex-M3 doesn't have the DSP or floating point instructions. The ARMv7-A doesn't support all the Cortex-M system things in particular how interrupts are handled or the bit-banding. I believe you should be able to run M3 programs on an ARMv7-A emulator if you don't need to use those system facilities and you should use build flags to exclude the DSP and floating point options.

Also see Free ARM Cortex-M3 Simulation Software?

• The Cortex-M3 doesn't have the DSP or floating point instructions. The ARMv7-A doesn't support all the Cortex-M system things in particular how interrupts are handled or the bit-banding. I believe you should be able to run M3 programs on an ARMv7-A emulator if you don't need to use those system facilities and you should use build flags to exclude the DSP and floating point options.

Also see Free ARM Cortex-M3 Simulation Software?

Children
No data