This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Why do you use Cortex-M?

Hello everyone,

I would like to know why you are using Cortex-M microcontroller.

Why don't you adopt other microcontrollers such as 8-bit, 16-bit or MIPS or x86?

The background is that I plan to write a special article regarding Cortex-M on the Interface which is the monthly magazine of Japan published by CQ publishing. However, I cannot say why Cortex-M should be featured because Cortex-M is already famous and almost common sense of microcontrollers. I would like to get exclusive (or special) meanings to introduce Cortex-M nowadays. Please let me know the significance of Cortex-M.

Thank you and best regards,

Yasuhiko Koumoto.

Parents
  • Hello Jens Bauer,

this is just for your information.

Renesas Synergy MCU S7 series equips Cortex-M4 core of which speed is 240MHz.

Because it will be produced by 40nm process, the power consumption is only 18mA at run mode and 0.9uA at the standby mode.

Also Renesas Technology has the high speed flash technology, and S7's flash will operate at 100MHz.

I think it would be the most powerful Cortex-M4 microcontroller.

However, it cannot be sold in form of a separated device. It is a part of the Renesas Synergy Platform.

Best regards,

Yasuhiko Koumoto.

• Hello Jens Bauer,

this is just for your information.

Renesas Synergy MCU S7 series equips Cortex-M4 core of which speed is 240MHz.

Because it will be produced by 40nm process, the power consumption is only 18mA at run mode and 0.9uA at the standby mode.

Also Renesas Technology has the high speed flash technology, and S7's flash will operate at 100MHz.

I think it would be the most powerful Cortex-M4 microcontroller.

However, it cannot be sold in form of a separated device. It is a part of the Renesas Synergy Platform.

Best regards,

Yasuhiko Koumoto.

Children