This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Why do you use Cortex-M?

Hello everyone,

I would like to know why you are using Cortex-M microcontroller.

Why don't you adopt other microcontrollers such as 8-bit, 16-bit or MIPS or x86?

The background is that I plan to write a special article regarding Cortex-M on the Interface which is the monthly magazine of Japan published by CQ publishing. However, I cannot say why Cortex-M should be featured because Cortex-M is already famous and almost common sense of microcontrollers. I would like to get exclusive (or special) meanings to introduce Cortex-M nowadays. Please let me know the significance of Cortex-M.

Thank you and best regards,

Yasuhiko Koumoto.

Parents
  • Hi yasuhikokoumoto

The main reason I choose an ARM Cortex-M is to have a higher speed which guarantees me a more effective response even in simple applications, the largest memory capacity is also an important factor, allowing the use of more complex algorithms, and clear the scalability of processors, since my focus is more academic can start the project in a smaller version and adopt a more robust microcontroller if the project course is identified to need more resources without worrying about having to rewrite the code to a new architecture. Already 32-bit, end up becoming a gift for the project.

• Hi yasuhikokoumoto

The main reason I choose an ARM Cortex-M is to have a higher speed which guarantees me a more effective response even in simple applications, the largest memory capacity is also an important factor, allowing the use of more complex algorithms, and clear the scalability of processors, since my focus is more academic can start the project in a smaller version and adopt a more robust microcontroller if the project course is identified to need more resources without worrying about having to rewrite the code to a new architecture. Already 32-bit, end up becoming a gift for the project.

Children
No data