This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

I wanted to learn how the ARM architecture works, any directions?

After studying the AVR processor inside the ATMega328P I wanted to learn an architecture that is actually used somewhere, and since ARM cores seem to be into every device on the planet and the x86 architecture looks very complex to me I decided on that.

I have a few doubts though, for one I didn't quite get wether the fact that the designs are all from the same company means that writing assembly code with the same opcodes will run on every chip with minor ajustments.

For two I couldn't find a tab that lists all the opcodes with their respective functions like the one in the ATMega328P datasheet, only descriptions on how the chips function.

For three I didn't quite get wether ARM cpus have built in floating point units or just integer arithmetic.

I'm sorry if this all seems stupid or naive, as most probably I couldn't find all of omegle  this because these are industry secrets. Does anyone know?

Parents Reply Children
No data