This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Compiling libgcc not optimized

Good moorning,

I am trying to compile libgcc for arm-none-eabi target from scratch, since I need to compare Floating Point SW emulation on an ARM Cortex-M4 and Risc-V based processors. The problem is that by default GCC includes the optimized version of FP SW emulation functions which is ieee754-sf.S. 

Does anyone knows how to exclude ieee754-sf.S in the libgcc compilation process? In particular how to configure GCC?

Thanks,

Parents
  • Hi . I have tried your solution, but it implies building from scratch the arm-none-eabi-gcc toolchain. I would like to build the not-optimized libgcc version and deploy it with a pre-built toolchain. Why? because I am using the STM32Cube IDE to measure the performance of some benchmarks running on ARM Cortex-M4 based STM board. Deploying a new GCC toolchain makes it hard. Changing libgcc.a is easy, but changing the toolchain not.
    Do you think is it possible to do it with a work around?
    Sadly I guess not, since your solution make changes in the GCC back-end...

• Hi . I have tried your solution, but it implies building from scratch the arm-none-eabi-gcc toolchain. I would like to build the not-optimized libgcc version and deploy it with a pre-built toolchain. Why? because I am using the STM32Cube IDE to measure the performance of some benchmarks running on ARM Cortex-M4 based STM board. Deploying a new GCC toolchain makes it hard. Changing libgcc.a is easy, but changing the toolchain not.
    Do you think is it possible to do it with a work around?
    Sadly I guess not, since your solution make changes in the GCC back-end...

Children