This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

When are A32 state and A64 state determined?

hi, expert

i study ArmV8 architecture.

On taking an exception to a higher Exception level, the Execution state either:

• Remains unchanged.

• Changes from AArch32 state to AArch64 state.

i konw that When an higher exception occurs, the execute state is changed from A32 to A64 state.

I wonder Remains unchanged and changed(from AArch32 state to AArch64) state conditions.

In ARMv7, Arm or Thum bit changes 16 bit/ 32 bit, in ARMv8 is there same decision bit?

Parents
  • > I wonder Remains unchanged and changed(from AArch32 state to AArch64) state conditions.

The state which is switch to / restored follows the same semantics as ARMv7 - the program status registers carry all of the state.

> In ARMv7, Arm or Thum bit changes 16 bit/ 32 bit, in ARMv8 is there same decision bit?

No; there is no equivalent on Thumb in the 64-bit ARMv8; there is a single 32-bit fixed width instruction set.

• > I wonder Remains unchanged and changed(from AArch32 state to AArch64) state conditions.

The state which is switch to / restored follows the same semantics as ARMv7 - the program status registers carry all of the state.

> In ARMv7, Arm or Thum bit changes 16 bit/ 32 bit, in ARMv8 is there same decision bit?

No; there is no equivalent on Thumb in the 64-bit ARMv8; there is a single 32-bit fixed width instruction set.

Children
No data