This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

GNU ARM Embedded Toolchain takes more time to compile on Windows 10 than Windows 7

This query is regarding the time difference the GNU ARM Embedded Toolchain takes to build a system on Windows 10 vs Windows 7.
Earlier I was using Windows 7 for compilation of a large bare metal system(around 5000 files) and it took around 2.5 hours to complete the build.
Now, I migrated to Windows 10 and it takes around 12 hours to complete the same build.
Executables used:
1) arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe
2) arm-none-eabi-as.exe
3) arm-none-eabi-ld.exe

It would be really great if you could direct me in the right direction to resolve this issue and if there's anyway to reduce the build time.

Parents
  • Is this on different computers, or is it the same computer that's been updated (sic?) from Win-7 to 10 ?

If different computers, are the Win-7 and Win-10 machines otherwise identical?

Have other applications similarly slowed?

• Is this on different computers, or is it the same computer that's been updated (sic?) from Win-7 to 10 ?

If different computers, are the Win-7 and Win-10 machines otherwise identical?

Have other applications similarly slowed?

Children
No data