This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Remove multiple occurrences of a word in ARM (Big Endian)

Hello, I am student working on a school assignment using the Keil IDE and fresh to learning assembly. I am tasked with removing multiple occurrences of a certain word in a character array (more details in the pdf attachment). I have am using the flowchart attached as a guideline and seem to be stuck with the code in the image I have provided. My code seems to be iterating through the loop and increment my counter without exiting.

assignment_04_2020_W.pdf

Parents
  • The load instruction on line 7 is not part of your "Loop", meaning that you are never reading the next character. If you use the register view in the debugger as you step through the code you will see this.

Also, there is no code at your "Equal" label, meaning when you get to here it is likely undefined code (whatever happens to be in memory when you get there). Recommend you put a "b ." branch-to-self instruction as an infinite loop

• The load instruction on line 7 is not part of your "Loop", meaning that you are never reading the next character. If you use the register view in the debugger as you step through the code you will see this.

Also, there is no code at your "Equal" label, meaning when you get to here it is likely undefined code (whatever happens to be in memory when you get there). Recommend you put a "b ." branch-to-self instruction as an infinite loop

Children