This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to integrate Mali drivers in a Android ROM?

Former Member
Former Member

Hello folks,

I'm trying to replace my stock Android ROM with a new Android ROM. Unfortunately I had problems so far. To make it easier I have started to replace my Android ROM with exactly the same Android Version.

So I backed up of course the contents of /system and copied there a new Android ROM, with the same Android version.

I started it, but of course the Android bootanimation can't be started, because the Mali drivers are missing. So I copied in the first step (and replaced) the /system/lib/egl.conf now it has the line 0 1 mali inside. Then I copied the following too over: libEGL_mali.so, libGLESv1_CM_mali.so and libGLESv2_mali.so.

Now I had looked with logcat and it says:

E/libEGL  ( 4125): load_driver(/system/lib/egl/libEGL_mali.so): Cannot load library: link_image[1891]:  4125 could not load needed library 'libMali.so' for 'libEGL_mali.so' (load_library[1093]: Library 'libMali.so' not found)

And then I copied the libMali.so from the stock Android ROM over to /system/lib. After that logcat told me:

E/libEGL  ( 2241): load_driver(/system/lib/egl/libEGL_mali.so): Cannot load library: link_image[1891]:  2241 could not load needed library 'libMali.so' for 'libEGL_mali.so' (link_image[1891]:  2241 could not load needed library 'libUMP.so' for 'libMali.so' (load_library[1093]: Library 'libUMP.so' not found))
I copied of course the libUMP.so library over. Now the kernel says for the first time: Mali<2>: Session starting and then Mali<2>: Session has ended

Logcat says that surfaceflinger complains about the libMali.so driver. The result is, that Androids bootanimation does not start.

Is it possible at all that a Android build can be running Mali drivers although the build was actually meant to use other graphic drivers??

I think I did not miss to configure and copy anything?

Thank you for help.

Parents
  • Former Member
    +1 Former Member

Hello,

I did solve this "problem" now. It was rather easy. I copied /system/lib/libMali.so and /system/lib/libUMP.so over. And then I copied /system/lib/egl/egl.cfg, /system/lib/egl/libEGL_mali.so, /system/lib/egl/libGLESv1_CM_mali.so and /system/lib/egl/libGLESv2_mali.so over. Additionally I copied /system/lib/hw/gralloc.default.so, /system/lib/hw/hwcomposer.amlogic.so and /system/lib/hw/power.default.so over. With the gralloc.default from the emulator Android it didn't work.

Now I have completely exchanged my existing stock Android ROM 4.1.x with 4.1.x by taking the graphic drivers over to the emulator ROM! :)

I did try other Android ROMs so far. Like Marshmallow, but the ramdisk from the kernel makes problems, but the Android Bootanimation works.

Great to get it solved so easy.

Thanks for your assistance!

• Former Member
    +1 Former Member

Hello,

I did solve this "problem" now. It was rather easy. I copied /system/lib/libMali.so and /system/lib/libUMP.so over. And then I copied /system/lib/egl/egl.cfg, /system/lib/egl/libEGL_mali.so, /system/lib/egl/libGLESv1_CM_mali.so and /system/lib/egl/libGLESv2_mali.so over. Additionally I copied /system/lib/hw/gralloc.default.so, /system/lib/hw/hwcomposer.amlogic.so and /system/lib/hw/power.default.so over. With the gralloc.default from the emulator Android it didn't work.

Now I have completely exchanged my existing stock Android ROM 4.1.x with 4.1.x by taking the graphic drivers over to the emulator ROM! :)

I did try other Android ROMs so far. Like Marshmallow, but the ramdisk from the kernel makes problems, but the Android Bootanimation works.

Great to get it solved so easy.

Thanks for your assistance!

Children