This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

GPU Fast-Models Simulate Memory Accesses

Hi, I am trying to run Linux OpenCL applications within a fast-models simulation, targeting a Mali GPU. No errors occur when I run the applications, however, nothing is written to memory by the GPU. The current GPU fast-models available appear to only provide a register interface and simulate interrupts. I am wondering if it is possible to have the models also simulate memory accesses to DRAM, whether or not the model actually performs final reads/writes to DRAM?. I noticed all the GPU models except for G710 use a shared library similar to https://github.com/ARM-software/nomali-model. Is it possible to extend this shared library software to additionally simulate memory accesses? The library contains the following function pointers that are not currently being used (specified in nomali.h):

void (*memwrite)(nomali_handle_t h, void *usr,
                 nomali_addr_t addr, uint32_t value);
uint32_t (*memread)(nomali_handle_t h, void *usr,
                    nomali_addr_t addr);

As a second option, would using Generic Graphics Acceleration (GGA) provide this simulation functionality?

Thanks,

Kasra