This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

"μVision" shows "礦ision" problem

When I use Windows (chinese simplified edition). After installing Keil MDK, the file type displays "礦ision" instead of "μVision".

I guess it's because of ASCII

Parents
  • I guess it's because of ASCII

That's very close. The Windows code page 1252 (see en.wikipedia.org/.../Windows-1252) defines a character set for Latin characters. Especially the characters above the value 128 are country-specific and cannot be translated to other code pages. The character 'µ' (dec 230) is one of those. Even µVision itself will show a different character instead of the 'µ' when you use a Chinese version of Windows. The same applies for characters like '\' (backslash) and some others. There is nothing you can do against that except using a Windows version with Latin characters. 

• I guess it's because of ASCII

That's very close. The Windows code page 1252 (see en.wikipedia.org/.../Windows-1252) defines a character set for Latin characters. Especially the characters above the value 128 are country-specific and cannot be translated to other code pages. The character 'µ' (dec 230) is one of those. Even µVision itself will show a different character instead of the 'µ' when you use a Chinese version of Windows. The same applies for characters like '\' (backslash) and some others. There is nothing you can do against that except using a Windows version with Latin characters. 

Children