This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Mali T628 GPU activity in Streamline

Hi,

I'm trying to profile GPU utilization of the Mali T628 on an Odroid-XU4 board using Streamline. When I run some graphics workloads, sometime I can see "GPU Fragment Activity", "GPU Vertex Compute" and "GPU Vertex-Tiling-Compute Activity" adds up to more than 100%. For instance, Fragment Activity and Vertex Activity would both reach 100% at some short periods.

Are these metrics ("Fragment Activity" and "Vertex Activity") basically the percentage of time that the corresponding Job Manager is running?

Then if I try to run some OpenCL workloads (for instance matrix multiplication) along side with the graphics workloads, the Vertex Activity would maxed out and the frame rate would drop significantly.

Are these tasks (fragment, vertex compute, load-store) using different hardware in a shader core? Can a shader core perform more than 1 task at the same time?

Finally, is it possible for me to know per-core stats, such as how many shader cores are running, what tasks are they running and what are their utilizations? From OpenCL threads on Mali T628 I guess is it not possible from Streamline, is it true? If so, is it exposed somewhere in the kernel driver, or completely obvious to software?

Thanks a lot in advance!