This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

GNU ARM Embedded: what were the newlib compilation options?

Hi there.  I am using GNU ARM Embedded 10 2020-q4-major, am integrating it on an MCU with FreeRTOS and am using the newlib pre-compiled library that comes with the GNU ARM Embedded toolchain.

As you probably know, newlib can be compiled in many different ways e.g. see here: https://sourceware.org/newlib/.  In order to complete my integration I need to know what options the pre-compiled newlib library that is delivered with the GNU ARM Embedded was compiled with.  Where might I find this information?

Specifically, I would like to know about the options affecting stdio and task exit, i.e. --enable-newlib-global-atexit--enable-newlib-reent-small--disable-newlib-unbuf-stream-opt--enable-lite-exit; without this information I am not able to figure out how to tidy up buffers malloc()ated (or not) by newlib or know how FreeRTOS should be configured to manage the re-entrancy of newlib library functions.