This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Undefined symbol arm_nn_softmax_common_s8

I want to use the tensorflow Lite Micro in the c++ project of armDS.

There is an error when I check the library and build it as shown in the picture in software components.

The error is "Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol arm_nn_softmax_common_s8 (referred from arm_softmax_s8_s16.o)"

Is there an error because there is a library that I didn't install?

It seems to me that there is an error in the CMSIS-NN Neural Network library.

Somebody tell me how to solve this

Parents
  • Hi

My name is Stephen and I work at Arm.

The version of CMSIS Core you are using (5.6.0) is quite old.

arm_nn_softmax_common_s8 was added as source in CMSIS 5.9.0.
    Unfortunately, arm_nn_softmax_common_s8.c was omitted from the pack meta data, so it is not referenced in the project.

As a quick workaround, I suggest you add this source module manually to the project:
    github.com/.../arm_nn_softmax_common_s8.c
    The CMSIS Pack used should be 5.9.0.

This issue will be fixed in the next CMSIS release.  We don't have a release date planned for that at the moment but, after you update to that release the module can just be removed from the project, with no further impact.

Hope this helps,

Stephen

• Hi

My name is Stephen and I work at Arm.

The version of CMSIS Core you are using (5.6.0) is quite old.

arm_nn_softmax_common_s8 was added as source in CMSIS 5.9.0.
    Unfortunately, arm_nn_softmax_common_s8.c was omitted from the pack meta data, so it is not referenced in the project.

As a quick workaround, I suggest you add this source module manually to the project:
    github.com/.../arm_nn_softmax_common_s8.c
    The CMSIS Pack used should be 5.9.0.

This issue will be fixed in the next CMSIS release.  We don't have a release date planned for that at the moment but, after you update to that release the module can just be removed from the project, with no further impact.

Hope this helps,

Stephen

Children