TRACEDATA Capture issues

Hi there,

I am the author of the open source Orbuculum tools for SWO data parsing on CORTEX-M targets. I am currently expanding those tools by implementing 1, 2 & 4-bit parallel TRACEDATA capture from CORTEX-M3/M4 CPUs using a small FPGA connected to the TRACE port running in continuous mode. There is plenty of documentation about parsing the data once it's reached the host machine but very little about the precise details of the format of the data bits out of the port.

By trial and error I think I am now collecting these DDR data correctly but I want to verify/validate what I have done. I am not certain of the exact detail of the re-sync (7F FF FF FF) and pacing (7F FF) messages, nor for the potential for bit-shifting of data in relation to the port (e.g. is b0 always on TRACEDATA0...from experimentation it would appear to have the potential to be shifted an arbitrary number of bits?). Is there any documentation or, even better, Verilog examples, of collecting the data from this port?  I haven't found anything so far, but there's a _lot_ of documentation in the world of Arm, so I could easily have missed something.

Thanks in advance

DAVE

Parents Reply Children
No data