This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Keil MDK 5.34 st link v2 "Not a genuine St Device! Abort connection"

I'm about to start using C++ for embedded and chose STM32F103C8T6 AKA Blue Pill for my first project. Using Keil MDK 5.34 on my Windows machine I went to practice this series but I get the following error when I tap on Flash -> Download (F8). 

I tried many remedies notably, un-install/re-install the St Link V2 (screenshot below) driver, changing USB cable and port on the PC, and so on but no change in result thus far. 

Why do I get that error and what are you ideas on solving this issue, please?

Thanks beforehand for your time and help.

Parents
  • Well, one of the risks with going with stuff like the Blue pill is exactly that you have no idea whether they are using genuine parts or not.

Similarly, your dongle is not a genuine ST-Link - it is a Chinese knock-off.

As I said to you right at the start, you avoid all of this stuff by going with a genuine manufacturer's board!

• Well, one of the risks with going with stuff like the Blue pill is exactly that you have no idea whether they are using genuine parts or not.

Similarly, your dongle is not a genuine ST-Link - it is a Chinese knock-off.

As I said to you right at the start, you avoid all of this stuff by going with a genuine manufacturer's board!

Children