I#ve tried to install MDK 5.29 for a new project. But Installation of ARM::CMSIS-Driver 2.5.0 fails with the message:
Cannot install Pack ARM.CMSIS-Driver.2.5.0: Cannot initialize
Any ideas how to proceed and to fix it?
Thanks and best regards
- to what folder have you installed the Pack?
- do you have write permission to that folder?
- is Windows 8/10 installed?
- is it just that Pack that fails?
- re-download the Pack from: http://www.keil.com/dd2/Pack/ and compare
first the pack installer was installed in an AppData folder. Now I have installed it into C:\Kail_v4\packs - doesn't fix ist.
OS is Windows 10. I get this message for every package - trying to download the package and install it from the downloaded source results in the same error.
Do you probably have limited permissions to the installation folder?
Can you try on a different PC?
Even tried to run it as Administrator - did not change anything, so I think it's not a permission thing.And no - I have only this PC.
well, this is strange - can you please re-install MDK from scratch, and give that a try:
View all questions in Keil forum