This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to decouple SDK from project

Hi all,

I just started working on a project which uses the Dialog DA14583 microcontroller. After downloading the SDK I noticed that the whole SDK is build around Keil. Dialog doesn't support the use of CMake or Makefiles so i'm stuck with Keil. After copying one of the exampleprojects to my gitprojects folder I (unsuprisingly) noticed that the project was using relative paths to the SDK. I've tried to find a way to add Dialog's sdk folder to the search path without success. 

Obviously I don't want to copy my projectfolder into the SDK's examplefolder and I also don't want to change all paths to the source files. 

How is this normally done?

Regards,

Reinier

Parents
  • Dunno 'bout Dialog specifically, but ......

Obviously (sic) I don't want to copy my projectfolder into the SDK's examplefolder

Actually, that might not be such a bad idea ...

I generally prefer to keep my code in the same "tree" as the SDK - it makes it far easier to share the project, archive it, transfer it, etc ...

As the paths are relative, it shouldn't matter what the "examplefolder" is actually called - you could rename it suitably.

I've tried to find a way to add Dialog's sdk folder to the search path without success. 

It shouldn't be difficult; as far as the tools are concerned, it's just another Include Path - should work exactly the same as any other include path.

I'd suggest starting with one of their examples. and then examine it to see how they've done it, and work from there.

The uVision project files (.uvprojx; .uvoptx) are just XML files,  so can be viewed in any text editor - and it's easy to find editors that will highlight the XML format for you...

So, once you've worked out what needs changing, you can apply the bulk edits in the text editor - rather than having to trawl through GUI dialogues.

Or you can extract the information to other tools ...

• Dunno 'bout Dialog specifically, but ......

Obviously (sic) I don't want to copy my projectfolder into the SDK's examplefolder

Actually, that might not be such a bad idea ...

I generally prefer to keep my code in the same "tree" as the SDK - it makes it far easier to share the project, archive it, transfer it, etc ...

As the paths are relative, it shouldn't matter what the "examplefolder" is actually called - you could rename it suitably.

I've tried to find a way to add Dialog's sdk folder to the search path without success. 

It shouldn't be difficult; as far as the tools are concerned, it's just another Include Path - should work exactly the same as any other include path.

I'd suggest starting with one of their examples. and then examine it to see how they've done it, and work from there.

The uVision project files (.uvprojx; .uvoptx) are just XML files,  so can be viewed in any text editor - and it's easy to find editors that will highlight the XML format for you...

So, once you've worked out what needs changing, you can apply the bulk edits in the text editor - rather than having to trawl through GUI dialogues.

Or you can extract the information to other tools ...

Children