Hi, I am currently running Nohau EMUL51-PC emulator with Seahau Software (Version 4.0422A). All the programming modules were written previously in the 8051 assembly language. My problem comes after I added a few macros to the code using Macro Processing Language (MPL). The emulator's source window cannot display correct assembly source code, i.e., the line numbers do not match the real source code line numbers. It seems to me that the only way to get out of this trouble is to stop using MPL or work in the disassembled mode in the source window, which does not contain all the symbols. Has any of you experienced the same problem or have I done anything wrong? Thanks.
P.S. I asked this problem to Nohau's tech-support group, they suggested me to contact Keil first or email them all the files, but I thought the best way is to ask you guys out there, who are more enthusiastic than those tech-supports.
"they suggested me to contact Keil first"
That is, of course, the "correct" answer!
Seriously though, if you have support then you should direct support questions to the appropriate support address - see http://www.keil.com/support/email.htm
But it shouldn't hurt to see what other opinions/experience can be elicited via this forum.
In the original Intel A51 Assembler, the line number references between macros and the object code did not exist. In other words, there was no way to get from the code generated by a macro back to the macro (so that you single-step thru the MACRO source) rather than the code generated.
We recently added this feature (in 6.23). There are a few things you must know. They are all outlined in the following knowledgebase article:
View all questions in Keil forum