This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ARM Development Studio 2020.1 does not build when Git installed

Hi. I am using the ARM Development Studio IDE 2020.1 FPGA edition on Windows 10. 

I am trying to compile using armclang and a custom made makefile. Last week I was able to compile my project without any issue. However, after reinstalling Git I get the following error:

16:58:44 **** Build of configuration Debug for project build ****
make all
"armclang" -g -DOS_WDT_KICK=0x1 --target=aarch64-arm-none-eabi -mcpu=Cortex-A53 -x assembler-with-cpp ......
"armclang" -g -DOS_WDT_KICK=0x1 --target=aarch64-arm-none-eabi -mcpu=Cortex-A53 -x assembler-with-cpp ......
"armclang" -O0 -g ...... -Wno-parentheses-equality -mno-unaligned-access -c -o obj/entry_point.c.o ..//system/common/src/entry_point.c
/usr/bin/sh: -c: line 0: syntax error near unexpected token `('
/usr/bin/sh: -c: line 0: `"armclang" -O0 -g ...... -Wno-parentheses-equality -mno-unaligned-access -c -o obj/entry_point.c.o ..//system/common/src/entry_point.c'
make: *** [Makefile:923: obj/entry_point.c.o] Error 1
"make all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

It seems to me that is is trying to use a different bash that can't run armclang for compilation

So I uninstalled Git and the error went away. I assumed it was my PATH variable had an issue, but I checked taking out all git references from the PATH variable and that didn't solve it. So I then tried uninstalling Git and ARM Development studio and reinstalling everything as a clean version, but it didn't solve it either

Any idea what could be causing this?