This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

"armclang: error" in Simulink when using FVP target

Hello,

I'm trying to follow the tutorial here (community.arm.com/.../develop-embedded-control-systems-efficiently-in-matlab-with-arm-models-and-compiler-integration) to run the Simulink example 'ArmCortexM_FM_pil_top' on an FVP of the Cortex-M4. I downloaded Arm DS to provide the access to the FVPs and the Arm compilers, and am using an evaluation license.

Per the tutorial, I have already set my environment variables:

ARM_PRODUCT_PATH = C:\Program Files\Arm\Development Studio 2020.0\sw\mappings

ARM_TOOL_VARIANT = ult

ARMLMD_LICENSE_FILE = C:\Users\<my username>\AppData\Roaming\ARM\ds\licenses\DS000-EV-31030.lic

The ARMLD_LICENSE _FILE path directly above is pointing to the evaluation license that the Arm License Manager automatically generated for me. This was initially somehow not registering with DS, so a support agent sent me a copy of my license.dat file directly, and I also tried with the variable set for that file:

ARMLMD_LICENSE_FILE = C:\Program Files\Arm\Development Studio 2020.0\license.dat

But both values for that variable gave me the same error in Simulink when I tried to run the model:

armclang: error: Your installation could be misconfigured or corrupted.

armclang: note:

Check that your licensing and toolkit configuration is set up correctly, using the information available at: developer.arm.com/.../product-and-toolkit-configuration.

armclang: note:

Information about this error is available at: ds.arm.com/.../lic86

General licensing information is available at: ds.arm.com/.../

If you need further help, provide this complete error report to your supplier or license.support@arm.com.

- ARMLMD_LICENSE_FILE: unset

- LM_LICENSE_FILE: 'C:\Flexlm\License.dat'

- ARM_PRODUCT_DEF: unset

- ARM_PRODUCT_PATH: 'C:\Program Files\DS-5 v5.29.3\sw\mappings'

- ARM_TOOL_VARIANT: 'ult'

- Product location: product not found

- Toolchain location: C:\PROGRA~1\Arm\DEVELO~1.0\sw\ARMCOM~1.14\bin

- Selected tool variant: ult

Product: unknown

Component: ARM Compiler 6.14

Tool: armclang [5db06c00]

I cannot understand why in the error log ARMLMD_LICENSE_FILE is showing as 'unset'. I'm using Windows 10, MATLAB/Simulink 2018b. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

Parents
  • Hi again,

You seem to have a mix of Arm DS and the older DS-5 toolchain settings here. Not sure if MATLAB is overriding some of these settings..?

Launch the Development Studio IDE, and select Help -> Arm License Manager, and ensure that it is configured for your evaluation license. This should set all the appropriate environment variable. To run the compiler, with these settings, launch the specific Development Studio Command Prompt provided.

Ronan

• Hi again,

You seem to have a mix of Arm DS and the older DS-5 toolchain settings here. Not sure if MATLAB is overriding some of these settings..?

Launch the Development Studio IDE, and select Help -> Arm License Manager, and ensure that it is configured for your evaluation license. This should set all the appropriate environment variable. To run the compiler, with these settings, launch the specific Development Studio Command Prompt provided.

Ronan

Children