This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Interoperability for c++ between armclang and gcc(linaro)

Hi;

I have built 'Compute Library'  as said in Bare Metal Building section of documentation by using Linaro toolchain on Ubuntu. I'm targetting bare-metal.

On another machine, I want to use this library but this machine has an Arm Compiler 6 version and I want to use it as my toolchain. 

While linking, I get errors like 

L6242E: Cannot link object <objname> as its attributes are incompatible with the image attributes.

it says packed-enum is not compatible with enum_is_int.

I tried to play with  compiler option, -fshort-enums, -fno-short-enums but couldn't succeded.

So my question is, is it possible to call methods from a library that is build by Linaro Toolchain from another executable that is  build by Arm Compiler 6(armclang).

If possible, Which options should I set?

Parents
  • Hello Yunus,

The Compute Library is using the C++ standard library and exception handling thus you should be careful when mixing GCC and Armclang as they might have different implementation and could lead to link/run-time issues.

However, you could compile Compute Library with Armclang and then use it. I tried myself to build it but unfortunately some build issues emerged that are most likely trivial to fix.
    We are looking in creating a patch and supporting armclang for building Compute Library. We will push the patch in our development repository here and update you once done.
    Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

George

• Hello Yunus,

The Compute Library is using the C++ standard library and exception handling thus you should be careful when mixing GCC and Armclang as they might have different implementation and could lead to link/run-time issues.

However, you could compile Compute Library with Armclang and then use it. I tried myself to build it but unfortunately some build issues emerged that are most likely trivial to fix.
    We are looking in creating a patch and supporting armclang for building Compute Library. We will push the patch in our development repository here and update you once done.
    Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

George

Children
No data