This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

MALI: eglInitialize() fails

Hello,

the eglInitialize() function fails on the wayland odroid xu3 latest r12p0 driver.

Here's how to reproduce the issue:

* start weston (using the drm backend) => it will get assigned to socket "wayland-0"

* from weston-terminal, start another weston instance (using the wayland backend) => it will get assigned to socket "wayland-1"

* in the second weston instance, start weston-simple-egl with WAYLAND_DISPLAY=wayland-0 => it will work and weston-simple-egl will run on the main weston instance

* in the second weston instance, start weston-simple-egl with WAYLAND_DISPLAY=wayland-1 => after binding the display, getting a correct screen, the code will fail at eglInitialize()

Is there any fix I can try?

Thanks.

Parents
  • Hi marianmi,

I'm the community manager for Graphics and Multimedia community and I see this is an issue you have had before. We try and answer as many questions as possible on here so apologies if there has been a delay in response or none at all. I have asked around and unfortunately the drivers available today do not have support for nested wayland compositors. This might explain why some of our community regulars haven't been able to answer your questions.

Kind regards,

Ben

• Hi marianmi,

I'm the community manager for Graphics and Multimedia community and I see this is an issue you have had before. We try and answer as many questions as possible on here so apologies if there has been a delay in response or none at all. I have asked around and unfortunately the drivers available today do not have support for nested wayland compositors. This might explain why some of our community regulars haven't been able to answer your questions.

Kind regards,

Ben

Children