This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Mali Core Unit Utilization graph in Streamline not adding up to 100%

Hi,

I believe I'm misinterpreting the counter templates in the Mali Core Unit Utilization on my S10e (Mali-G76), so just need some clarification. My initial assumption was that the counters would add up to 100%. However, as you can see below, they're adding up to far more than that. Is this somehow related with the fact that the G-76 has 3 execution engines (from what I can gather) but only 1x Texture, L/S and Varying units?

Cheers!

Parents
  • Hi JPJ, 

These are all separate metrics from parallel units so they are individually between 0 and 100%, and can all be up to 100% at the same time. This effectively gives you the critical path for the shaders - in your case EE (arithmetic) is the highest with 60% load, so 60% of GPU cycles are actually running arithmetic instructions. 

If you zoom all the way down to the 1ms level, you might see different parts of the frame have different dominant paths.

Cheers, 
    Pete

• Hi JPJ, 

These are all separate metrics from parallel units so they are individually between 0 and 100%, and can all be up to 100% at the same time. This effectively gives you the critical path for the shaders - in your case EE (arithmetic) is the highest with 60% load, so 60% of GPU cycles are actually running arithmetic instructions. 

If you zoom all the way down to the 1ms level, you might see different parts of the frame have different dominant paths.

Cheers, 
    Pete

Children