This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How much is the maximum resolution of texture updating ?

I have a rk3399 based board.

Can I drive a 4K screen ?

My code looks like :

while(1) {

// update small part of my texture , eg 16 lines of a texture .

// texture is big : 8292 x 2160

glTexSubImage2D

//  update texture uv cord.

// draw two triangle to blit from texture  to screen .

glDraw ( )

eglSwapBuffers

}

Parents
  • The Mali GPU in that device has a maximum renderable surface resolution of 16Kx16K, so the GPU can handle 4K no problem.

However, the maximum output display resolution isn't anything to do with the Mali GPU in that device; the display controller hardware is a different part of the design separate from the GPU. In principle that chipset can support 4K over HDMI 1.2 or DisplayPort, but your board will still need to provide the relevant physical interface support, and not all of them do.

• The Mali GPU in that device has a maximum renderable surface resolution of 16Kx16K, so the GPU can handle 4K no problem.

However, the maximum output display resolution isn't anything to do with the Mali GPU in that device; the display controller hardware is a different part of the design separate from the GPU. In principle that chipset can support 4K over HDMI 1.2 or DisplayPort, but your board will still need to provide the relevant physical interface support, and not all of them do.

Children