This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Dual core cortex-m7 for security applications

Why nobody offers a dual core cortex-m7 solution for security applications, even if the lockstep functionality is provided?

Parents
  • Dual-core lock-step is a configuration option for functional safety (i.e. logic redundancy) for logic error detection (i.e. detection of hardware failure). Don't confuse it with multi-core where the two processors can run different code at the same time.

For security applications, if you are talking anti-tampering, Cortex-M7 does not have the same level of protection as SecurCore or Cortex-M35P products where additional mechanisms are used for reducing side channel leakages and for detecting fault injection. While dual core lock step could help detecting fault injection (a form of tampering/physical attack), it is not sufficient.

• Dual-core lock-step is a configuration option for functional safety (i.e. logic redundancy) for logic error detection (i.e. detection of hardware failure). Don't confuse it with multi-core where the two processors can run different code at the same time.

For security applications, if you are talking anti-tampering, Cortex-M7 does not have the same level of protection as SecurCore or Cortex-M35P products where additional mechanisms are used for reducing side channel leakages and for detecting fault injection. While dual core lock step could help detecting fault injection (a form of tampering/physical attack), it is not sufficient.

Children