High Performance Computing (HPC) blog

• Four simple tips for optimizing your code

Arm DDT and Arm MAP are excellent tools for finding program flaws and performance issues – they are also very helpful for studying codes and coding techniques.
  • Debugging CUDA Dynamic Parallelism

Today, using one of the early examples from the CUDA toolkit, I’m going to introduce a neat feature of CUDA 5 and CUDA 5.5 - dynamic parallelism - and how to use Arm DDT to debug it.
  • Detecting Memory Leaks

Memory leaks are a killer of long running applications - memory usage keeps growing until finally the memory supply is exhausted and it's "game over". If you’re lucky the system recognizes your application…
  • The Instant Fix

One of the great things about working at Allinea Software is meeting developers with real problems and improving their lives. When you have a tool that transforms the daily report to the boss from “still…
  • Who broke my sparklines?

It's January 2012 and I'm sitting on a cross-Atlantic flight. Sweat is beading on my brow and it's nothing to do with the cabin temperature. I am not a happy bunny. I'm a very unhappy bunny and somebody…
  • Tool up with Arm DDT

We humans can survive in almost every environment on our planet and are beginning to step off it. We command fire hotter than the core of a star and freeze atoms at temperatures cooler than the depths…