This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Question regarding IP-XACT Bus Definition of AMBA5 AHB5Initiator

Hello, 

I'm kangho Lee managing IP-XACT bus definiton in my company.

I can't create issue to Contact Support (arm.com) with unknown error. so I borrow this page.

I have a question regarding IP-XACT Bus Definition of AMBA5 AHB5Initiator.

My company's engineer is provided IP and bus definition [amba.com AHB5 Initiator r0p0_0] from ARM. An AHB5Initiatior is used in that IP.

But I found that revision of bus definition is defferent with my managed one and port list and port element value are different also.

I write related information of bus definition and abstraction definition of AHB5 Initiator below.

The revision 0 and revision 2 don't have compatibility. so I think revision 0 and revision 2 are different abstraction definition but they have same VLNV [amba.com AMBA5 AHB5Initiator r0p0_0]

It's unable to change abstraction definition from revision 0 to revision 2 because Many IP are already designed IP with revision 0.

Can you confirm this?

Managed bus Definition New bus Definition Managed Abstraction Definition New Abstraction Definition Managed Abstraction Definition (Additional Information)
VLNV amba.com AMBA5 AHB5Initiator r0p0_0 VLNV amba.com AMBA5 AHB5Initiator_rtl r0p0_0 amba.com AMBA5 AHB5Initiator_rtl r0p1_0
arm:revision 0 2 arm:revision 0 2 0
description AHB5 initiator updated according to spec ARM IHI 0033B.b (ID102715). The bus definition is intended to use with interfaces associated with initiator device connections (those between the bus master and the interconnect). This is an update to the AHBLite features released with AMBA3. It improves memory type support (HPROT on 7 bits), HMASTLOCK can be asserted with different schemes, secured, locked and exclusive transfers are now supported with additional signals. Atomicity is also introduced. AHB5 initiator according to spec ARM IHI 0033C. The bus definition is intended to be used with interfaces associated with initiator device connections (those between the master and the interconnect).Reference: AMBA AHB Protocol Specification ARM IHI 0033C www.arm.com/.../AMBA.html port list HCLK HCLK HCLK
  HCLKEN HCLKEN HCLKEN
  HRESETn HRESETn HRESETn
  HADDR HADDR HADDR
  HBURST HBURST HBURST
  HMASTLOCK HMASTLOCK HMASTLOCK
  HPROT HPROT HPROT
  HSIZE HSIZE HSIZE
  HNONSEC HNONSEC HNONSEC
  HEXCL HEXCL HEXCL
  HMASTER HMASTER HMASTER
  HTRANS HTRANS HTRANS
  HWDATA HWRITE HWRITE