Cannot find device issue

Hello

I want to get acquainted with the M85 architecture, but I have a problem launching the model. When I want to run the Vio example it displays an error: 
Cannot find device cpu0.cpu0.l1dcache
com.arm.debug.dtsl.DTSLException: com.arm.debug.dtsl.DTSLException: Cannot find device cpu0.cpu0.l1dcache

I'm trying to run a model: Corstone SSE-310 Ethos-55 (MPS3).

Can you help, please?

Parents
  • Hi

My name is Stephen and I work at Arm.

Which version of models are you using?  The latest 11.24 version of the FVP_Corstone_SSE-310 models do not have an "cpu0.cpu0.l1dcache" parameter, so I think you will need to remove that.

You can view the available parameters with, e.g.
    FVP_Corstone_SSE-310_Ethos-U65 --list-params

Which toolkit are you using to build and run the example, for example, Arm Development Studio, or Keil MDK?
    Also, how are you launching the model?  Are you specifying model parameters (such as "cpu0.cpu0.l1dcache") explicitly in the GUI or are they embedded in a launcher script?  Feel free to send a screenshot if you need more help.

If you are using Arm Development Studio, there are some basic ready-made Cortex-M85 examples that work out-of-the-box to help you get started.  They are named "Cortex-M85" and "RTX5_Cortex-M85_Blinky".

To import these examples into your workspace:

1. Launch Arm Development Studio
    2. Select File > Import... to open the Import Selection dialog
    3. Expand the Arm Development Studio group and select Examples and Programming Libraries. Click Next
    4. Expand the Examples group to view the example categories.
    5. Either select one (or more) of the example categories to import, or expand the example categories to view/select individual examples in each category.  You can also enter a name (e.g. "M55") into the filter.
    6. Click Finish to import the selected examples into your workspace.

For instructions on how to run and debug the examples, please see their readme.html files.

Hope this helps

Stephen

• Hi

My name is Stephen and I work at Arm.

Which version of models are you using?  The latest 11.24 version of the FVP_Corstone_SSE-310 models do not have an "cpu0.cpu0.l1dcache" parameter, so I think you will need to remove that.

You can view the available parameters with, e.g.
    FVP_Corstone_SSE-310_Ethos-U65 --list-params

Which toolkit are you using to build and run the example, for example, Arm Development Studio, or Keil MDK?
    Also, how are you launching the model?  Are you specifying model parameters (such as "cpu0.cpu0.l1dcache") explicitly in the GUI or are they embedded in a launcher script?  Feel free to send a screenshot if you need more help.

If you are using Arm Development Studio, there are some basic ready-made Cortex-M85 examples that work out-of-the-box to help you get started.  They are named "Cortex-M85" and "RTX5_Cortex-M85_Blinky".

To import these examples into your workspace:

1. Launch Arm Development Studio
    2. Select File > Import... to open the Import Selection dialog
    3. Expand the Arm Development Studio group and select Examples and Programming Libraries. Click Next
    4. Expand the Examples group to view the example categories.
    5. Either select one (or more) of the example categories to import, or expand the example categories to view/select individual examples in each category.  You can also enter a name (e.g. "M55") into the filter.
    6. Click Finish to import the selected examples into your workspace.

For instructions on how to run and debug the examples, please see their readme.html files.

Hope this helps

Stephen

Children