This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Launch of ARM DS 2023.0 hangs at "Checking existing product setup..." in Product Setup dialog

I have a new installation of ARM Development Studio 2023.0. I haven't gotten to the point of requesting a 30-day evaluation license. Immediately when launching the program, the product hangs with the following dialog:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Parents
  • One more data point. I exited DS and launched it again. It opened the workspace fine. However, when I opened the license manager, I got an eerily familiar dialog:

Note that I put my "C:\FlexLM\license.dat" file back the way it originally was so I can run my other apps. I did not add the ARM license to it b/c I figured it would find it in Roaming. If I rename the "license.dat" to something else, the license manager dialog won't crash, but I'll still get "The product license does not match the hostID of this system." Here's the kicker -- if I move the "DS000-EV-31030.lic" file out of Roaming, I can still launch DS and open a workspace. Now, I'm not sure if DS will work when I try to do something meaningful like attach Eclipse to a debugger on a remote target.

• One more data point. I exited DS and launched it again. It opened the workspace fine. However, when I opened the license manager, I got an eerily familiar dialog:

Note that I put my "C:\FlexLM\license.dat" file back the way it originally was so I can run my other apps. I did not add the ARM license to it b/c I figured it would find it in Roaming. If I rename the "license.dat" to something else, the license manager dialog won't crash, but I'll still get "The product license does not match the hostID of this system." Here's the kicker -- if I move the "DS000-EV-31030.lic" file out of Roaming, I can still launch DS and open a workspace. Now, I'm not sure if DS will work when I try to do something meaningful like attach Eclipse to a debugger on a remote target.

Children
No data