This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ARMv7: Default Memory map in case Write-Through is not supported

Hello,

I am currently having a strange behavior when disabling the MPU and now I am wondering about one point there.

In the default memory map of the ARMv7 there are memory regions that use "Write-Through Cacheable" in case cache is enabled and default memory is used.

Now the Cortex-R7 that, does not support Write-Through:

My question is: What is the caching strategy for the Cortex-R7 for the memory regions that would in the default memory map be "Write-Through Cacheable".

Thanks and regards,

Peter

Parents
  • The Cortex-R7 will treat regions marked as write-through as effectively Normal non-cacheable.

One way to think of cache-ability attributes is saying what the processor is permitted to do.   It's permitted to cache this region as cache-able with WT, but it's free to do something more conservative such as not caching it.

• The Cortex-R7 will treat regions marked as write-through as effectively Normal non-cacheable.

One way to think of cache-ability attributes is saying what the processor is permitted to do.   It's permitted to cache this region as cache-able with WT, but it's free to do something more conservative such as not caching it.

Children