This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Reading Cortex-A9 CNTFRQ register using ARM Compiler 5 inline assembly

Hi,

Can I get an example of reading the CNTFRQ register in cortex-a9 using assembly inline of arm compiler 5 (DS built in) ?

I didn't find anywhere...

Parents
  • 1. I read below that cortex-a9 is armv7-a architecture. so why it lacks this register?

Armv7-A supports a number of optional extensions (e.g. Virtualisation, Generic Timer, Large Physical Addresses...).  Not all Armv7-A processors will support all of the extensions.

You can check a processor's TRM to see which extensions are implemented, and the information is also reported via feature registers in the processor.

• 1. I read below that cortex-a9 is armv7-a architecture. so why it lacks this register?

Armv7-A supports a number of optional extensions (e.g. Virtualisation, Generic Timer, Large Physical Addresses...).  Not all Armv7-A processors will support all of the extensions.

You can check a processor's TRM to see which extensions are implemented, and the information is also reported via feature registers in the processor.

Children