This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Development Platform for Android - 5.0 Lollipop

Hi Experts,

Can I get some cheap development platforms based on ARM to test the Android - 5.0 Lollipop ?

I previously used Begale Bone Black for testing the Android 4.4.4 Kitkat.

Parents
  • When you say Android development platform and mention the Beagle Bone, which aspect is more important to you? Do you just need an inexpensive platform to run Lollipop on for application development or do you want a dev board with exposed GPIO and expansion headers?

If just the former, have you considered the Moto G and E devices? Both run Lollipop and are very inexpensive on the 2nd hand market as are many of the Android One devices depending on where you live.

In the forums for the Odroid C1, there appear to be some 5.0.2 builds. Unfortunately, the C1 looks like it is sold out till August at the moment but for $35, it is an amazing platform.

ODROID | Hardkernel

ODROID Forum • View topic - Android Lollipop image for C1

There appear to be a number of community options for running 5.1 on the Raspberry Pi 2 though I have not personally verified any of them.

Run Android 5.1 Lollipop Exton build on your Raspberry Pi 2 | Exton's International Blog

Let me know your specific development needs and I might be able to give you a better answer.

Cheers!

• When you say Android development platform and mention the Beagle Bone, which aspect is more important to you? Do you just need an inexpensive platform to run Lollipop on for application development or do you want a dev board with exposed GPIO and expansion headers?

If just the former, have you considered the Moto G and E devices? Both run Lollipop and are very inexpensive on the 2nd hand market as are many of the Android One devices depending on where you live.

In the forums for the Odroid C1, there appear to be some 5.0.2 builds. Unfortunately, the C1 looks like it is sold out till August at the moment but for $35, it is an amazing platform.

ODROID | Hardkernel

ODROID Forum • View topic - Android Lollipop image for C1

There appear to be a number of community options for running 5.1 on the Raspberry Pi 2 though I have not personally verified any of them.

Run Android 5.1 Lollipop Exton build on your Raspberry Pi 2 | Exton's International Blog

Let me know your specific development needs and I might be able to give you a better answer.

Cheers!

Children