This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Problems with pre-built GNU8 in Windows

Hi,

I tried to use gcc from gcc-arm-8.2-2018.08-i686-mingw32-aarch64-elf.tar.xz in Windows 10 but encountered the following problems:

1. I was not able to extract the files from the above tar successfully in Windows because the tar contains symbolic and hard links. As a workaround I first extracted the files in Ubuntu and then copied the files to an USB stick with ‘cp -RL -t /media/my_user_name/my_USB .’. Using this USB stick I was able to move all the gcc files to my Windows PC.
  2. Now I was able to compile my test files successfully in Windows except when I used the option ‘-mabi=ilp32’ instead of '-mabi=lp64'. When compiling with ilp32 I get an error: ‘cc1plus.exe: error: assembler does not support -mabi=ilp32’. The command I used for compiling was ‘aarch64-elf-gcc -mcpu=cortex-a53 -mabi=ilp32 -c my_test.cpp’. The exact same command compiles without errors in Ubuntu with the gcc from gcc-arm-8.2-2018.08-x86_64-aarch64-elf.tar.xz.

Any suggestions how to get compiling with gcc8 and -mabi=ilp32 working in Windows?

Jyrki

Parents Reply Children
No data