This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

DS-5 debugger doesn't work

DS-5 debugger doesn't work. In Run->Debug Configurationn->DS-5 Debugger-> New Configuration, the button Debug is always in grey, can't be clicked. I tried both floating license and 30-trial license. 

The License Manager Diagnostics shows:(30-day trial license)

Product Information:
Version: 5.27.1
Build number: 5271024
Build date: 201706
Selected toolkit: DS-5 Ultimate Edition (Evaluation)
ARM_TOOL_VARIANT environment variable: ulteval
arm.tool.variant system property: ulteval

Licenses are searched for in the following locations:
ARMLMD_LICENSE_FILE environment variable: "C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\ARM\DS-5\licenses"
LM_LICENSE_FILE environment variable: not set
DS-5 licenses directory: "C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\ARM\DS-5\licenses"

License Mapping Information:
ARM_PRODUCT_DEF environment variable: not set
ARM_PRODUCT_PATH environment variable: "C:\Program Files\DS-5 v5.27.1\sw\mappings"
ARM_TOOL_VARIANT environment variable: "ulteval"
ARM_CONFIG_PATH environment variable: "C:\Users\xxxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\ARM\DS-5_v5.27.1"

Licenses used recently (Streamline and DS-5 Debugger only):
(none)

License checkout log (Streamline and DS-5 Debugger only):
(empty)

Anybody knows the reason I can't use Debug?  Any configuration wrong or missing?

Thanks

Parents
  • Hi,

The debugger does not check license validity until you actual make a target connection - it does not drive the enable state of the Debug button.

The more likely issue is that there is a problem with the debug configuration itself. Is there not an error message at the top of the dialog you showed ? My complete guess is that in the Debugger tab, the 'Run control' group is set to something other than 'Connect only'. This means you must supply .axf files in the Files tab so that the debugger can resolve the symbols for the entry point or main. Try setting the Run control to 'Connect only' and see if the Debug button gets enabled.

If it is not this, please post a complete screen shot of the Debug Configurations dialog.

Regards Tony

• Hi,

The debugger does not check license validity until you actual make a target connection - it does not drive the enable state of the Debug button.

The more likely issue is that there is a problem with the debug configuration itself. Is there not an error message at the top of the dialog you showed ? My complete guess is that in the Debugger tab, the 'Run control' group is set to something other than 'Connect only'. This means you must supply .axf files in the Files tab so that the debugger can resolve the symbols for the entry point or main. Try setting the Run control to 'Connect only' and see if the Debug button gets enabled.

If it is not this, please post a complete screen shot of the Debug Configurations dialog.

Regards Tony

Children
No data