This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to integrate execution of "fromelf" utility into "ARM® DS-5 Development Studio"

Hello,

I want to run fromelf utility automatically once build procedure terminated (to see disassembly code).

Is it possible ?

Thanks in advance.

Pavel.

Parents
  • Hi Pavel-san,

Sorry for the late reply. I am on my business trip.
    You wrote:

> For example, if project contains multiple source files (e.g. source1.c, source2.c, source3.c), does exist some format

> of fromelf command that would generate source1.asm, source2.asm, source3.asm ?

For such case, I recommend to use "--asm" option on Compiler setting rather than use of fromelf after linking.
    This option automatically generates disassembly file when C or C++ source file is compiled.
    You can add this for entire of project or each C source files.

Please see compiler documentation for detailed information of "--asm" option .

http://infocenter.arm.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.arm.doc.dui0472m/chr1359124901873.html

You can add this option by:

1) Right Click project name (or source file name) on Project Explorer and select "property".

2) Select C/C++ Build -> Settings.

3) Select "Tool Settings" tab.

4) Select "ARM C Compiler 5" -> "Miscellaneous"

5) Add --asm on Other flags.

DisassemblySetting.jpg
    The above image includes some Japanese menu items. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
    Toshiko

• Hi Pavel-san,

Sorry for the late reply. I am on my business trip.
    You wrote:

> For example, if project contains multiple source files (e.g. source1.c, source2.c, source3.c), does exist some format

> of fromelf command that would generate source1.asm, source2.asm, source3.asm ?

For such case, I recommend to use "--asm" option on Compiler setting rather than use of fromelf after linking.
    This option automatically generates disassembly file when C or C++ source file is compiled.
    You can add this for entire of project or each C source files.

Please see compiler documentation for detailed information of "--asm" option .

http://infocenter.arm.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.arm.doc.dui0472m/chr1359124901873.html

You can add this option by:

1) Right Click project name (or source file name) on Project Explorer and select "property".

2) Select C/C++ Build -> Settings.

3) Select "Tool Settings" tab.

4) Select "ARM C Compiler 5" -> "Miscellaneous"

5) Add --asm on Other flags.

DisassemblySetting.jpg
    The above image includes some Japanese menu items. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
    Toshiko

Children