armdbg trace report not generating ITM data properly

Hello,

I am trying to use `trace report` command in armdbg to export ITM data. (From armds 2023.0 installation)

I tried:

trace report SOURCE=CSITM_0 FILE=TRACE_ITM.txt DECODERS=P0:Text PORTS=0

TRACE_ITM.txt contents:

UNKNOWN (101 bytes)

When I try the same thing in the armds GUI (using same DTSL, same elf file and almsot quite similar debug steps), with the following event viewer setting I get UNKOWN (108 bytes).

Now if I activate the show live decode console checkbox, and do a "debug from entry point" and run and halt, I can see my printf being shown on the Live Decode console but Events console still shows same  message, just maybe with a different size.

Obviously trace report in armdbg generates Events Console like output and that's why I can't rely on Live Decode.

Regards

Amir

Parents
  • Hi Amir

Sorry, I can't immediately identify the cause of your problem.
    Please could you tell us which Cortex-M processor you are using?

If your company has purchased a DSTREAM and Arm DS 2024.0 from Arm, then it is probably best for you to log an official support ticket with Arm Support, so that the Arm Support Team can investigate more fully.  Select from the top of this page : Support > Arm Support Services, then Open a Support Case.

Stephen

• Hi Amir

Sorry, I can't immediately identify the cause of your problem.
    Please could you tell us which Cortex-M processor you are using?

If your company has purchased a DSTREAM and Arm DS 2024.0 from Arm, then it is probably best for you to log an official support ticket with Arm Support, so that the Arm Support Team can investigate more fully.  Select from the top of this page : Support > Arm Support Services, then Open a Support Case.

Stephen

Children