Adding -DUSE_LLVM_DWARF_PARSER=True to armdbg command not working

Hi,

I am trying to add symbols from a DWARF 5 elf format. I have added the  -DUSE_LLVM_DWARF_PARSER=True as the very first parameter of the armdbg but still I am getting this error:

add-symbol-file ***/hello_world.elf

ERROR(CMD685-COR11-IMG34):
! Failed to load symbols for "hello_world.elf"
! Failed to read the symbols from  ***/hello_world.elf

! Section .debug_info offset 0x4: DWARF version 5 is not supported. To use the DWARF 5 format, enable the LLVM DWARF parser.

armdbg --version                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        
Arm Debugger [Build 10]
Copyright (C) 2008-2024 Arm Limited (or its affiliates). All rights reserved.

Regards

Amir

Parents
  • Hi Amir

My name is Stephen and I work at Arm.

It looks like you are using Arm DS 2023.0.  Sorry, but there is a known issue with armdbg in Arm DS 2023.0 where the USE_LLVM_DWARF_PARSER command-line switch doesn't get handled correctly.  This issue is fixed in Arm DS 2023.1.

Are you able to update to Arm DS 2023.1, or better, to the recently-released Arm DS 2024.0?

DWARF5 support is now the default in 2024.0, so there is no need to use the USE_LLVM_DWARF_PARSER command-line switch anymore.  If you need to revert back to the legacy parser, there's a new switch "--use-legacy-parser".

Hope this helps

Stephen

• Hi Amir

My name is Stephen and I work at Arm.

It looks like you are using Arm DS 2023.0.  Sorry, but there is a known issue with armdbg in Arm DS 2023.0 where the USE_LLVM_DWARF_PARSER command-line switch doesn't get handled correctly.  This issue is fixed in Arm DS 2023.1.

Are you able to update to Arm DS 2023.1, or better, to the recently-released Arm DS 2024.0?

DWARF5 support is now the default in 2024.0, so there is no need to use the USE_LLVM_DWARF_PARSER command-line switch anymore.  If you need to revert back to the legacy parser, there's a new switch "--use-legacy-parser".

Hope this helps

Stephen

Children