Debugger unable to view large structs

Hello,

I am using ARM Development Studio for debugging and have encountered some problems with the debugger's handling of large c structs.

EDIT: The following part about size is unrelated to the bug and I misread the numbers (see first Answer to this post).

In the variables view it shows the following for my struct vm

However, the actual size of struct vm is 76256 (I added a print to get sizeof(struct vm)) and I am unable to access fields of the struct that are outside of the size shown in the Variables view.

Even when using the debugger commands to print vms[0].something it fails with ERROR(EXP16): Member "something" not found despite something being a member of the struct.

Is there a way to view larger structs with the ARM Debugger?

I am thankful for any help!

Greetings

Martin.S

Parents
  • Hi Martin.

My name is Stephen and I work at Arm.

The "Size" column in the Variables view is measured in bits, not bytes (610048 / 8 = 76256).
    If you hover the mouse cursor over the Size column header, a tooltip will show that.

We can reproduce an issue with large structs, where some members are being shown in the Value column as "Optimised away".
    Do you see that too?  We are investigating, and will get back to you with more information shortly.

In the meantime, please could you let us know:
    which version of Arm DS are you using (look in Help > About), and
    which version of compiler are you using?

Thanks

Stephen

• Hi Martin.

My name is Stephen and I work at Arm.

The "Size" column in the Variables view is measured in bits, not bytes (610048 / 8 = 76256).
    If you hover the mouse cursor over the Size column header, a tooltip will show that.

We can reproduce an issue with large structs, where some members are being shown in the Value column as "Optimised away".
    Do you see that too?  We are investigating, and will get back to you with more information shortly.

In the meantime, please could you let us know:
    which version of Arm DS are you using (look in Help > About), and
    which version of compiler are you using?

Thanks

Stephen

Children