This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

instructions fetch

Hello, when I use stm32f103xx, I am confused of  one of the boot modes it supported. One of  the boot modes is booting from embedded SRAM while the I-BUS of Cortex-M3 is connected to FLASH only . When boots from SRAM,  how Cortex-M3 fetches instructions from SRAM? Do D-BUS or system bus support instruction fetch?

Parents
  • System bus supports instruction fetching, but instruction and vector fetch requests to this bus are registered. This results in additional cycle of latency because instructions fetched from the System bus take two cycles. And fetching via the ICode bus are not registered (back-to-back fetching).

• System bus supports instruction fetching, but instruction and vector fetch requests to this bus are registered. This results in additional cycle of latency because instructions fetched from the System bus take two cycles. And fetching via the ICode bus are not registered (back-to-back fetching).

Children
No data