This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

CAN Stack Integration for ARM cortex R5F

Hello All,

I am integrating CAN stack, on Spansion S6J3xx series.

I have configured Main clock as Input frequency, configured CAN transceiver IC and called CclPowerOnInit().

Now calling CanTransmit(X_TxHandle), function in a 100ms task, but still no signal is coming on TX and RX pin.

Anyone can suppport me?

Parents
  • I have no experience on how the CAN driver needs to be configured on a Cortex-R device, but I have worked with Cortex-M and I'd like to mention a few things that might help you getting the problem solved:

As I expect CclPowerOnInit() will enable clock-power for the CAN interface, I will move the focus elsewhere.

Since the transmit function does not output any data on the expected pin, I would expect that the problem has to do with pin configuration somehow.

• Try enabling clock power to the GPIO pins. On a Cortex-M, a UART, which is connected to Port A may require that Port A's clock power is turned on.
    • You may need to configure the GPIO pins to use alternate functions and set the alternate functions.
    • You probably need to tell the initialization subroutine which pins you want to use for transmit and receive. If you have not specified any pins yet, try looking in the documentation or source code for how to configure the pins.

I wouldn't be surprised if other members of the community are able to provide much better answers than I.

(If we're lucky, jyiu, christopherseidl or mweidmann might see this question too).

• I have no experience on how the CAN driver needs to be configured on a Cortex-R device, but I have worked with Cortex-M and I'd like to mention a few things that might help you getting the problem solved:

As I expect CclPowerOnInit() will enable clock-power for the CAN interface, I will move the focus elsewhere.

Since the transmit function does not output any data on the expected pin, I would expect that the problem has to do with pin configuration somehow.

• Try enabling clock power to the GPIO pins. On a Cortex-M, a UART, which is connected to Port A may require that Port A's clock power is turned on.
    • You may need to configure the GPIO pins to use alternate functions and set the alternate functions.
    • You probably need to tell the initialization subroutine which pins you want to use for transmit and receive. If you have not specified any pins yet, try looking in the documentation or source code for how to configure the pins.

I wouldn't be surprised if other members of the community are able to provide much better answers than I.

(If we're lucky, jyiu, christopherseidl or mweidmann might see this question too).

Children
No data