This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Will data be stored to cache first when I send a large amount of data continually(exceed the size of cache)?

Dear friend

Cortex-M7 has cache. After enable data cache, will data be stored to cache first when I send a large amount of data continually?

The size of data exceed the space of cache.

Thanks!

Amanda

Parents
  • Hi Amanda,

regarding continuous write data, the dynamic read allocation mechanism will invoke and then the write back cache will turn into the read allocate mode.
    This means that as long as missing the cache, all the write data will bypass the cache.
    It would be difficult to explain all about the cache, please let us know separatedly your questions.

That is, no refill or no writeback will occur and the cache will act as the write through mode.

I would like to reply them as much as possible.

HTH,

Yasuhiko Koumoto.

• Hi Amanda,

regarding continuous write data, the dynamic read allocation mechanism will invoke and then the write back cache will turn into the read allocate mode.
    This means that as long as missing the cache, all the write data will bypass the cache.
    It would be difficult to explain all about the cache, please let us know separatedly your questions.

That is, no refill or no writeback will occur and the cache will act as the write through mode.

I would like to reply them as much as possible.

HTH,

Yasuhiko Koumoto.

Children
No data